Just the facts
15 minutes south of Burnsville, MN. Follow Hwy 35 south to exit 69. Go west on Hwy 19 – 1 mile to Canby Trail. North on Canby Trail to Willingers.
Total Site – 277 acres Golf Course – 217 acres
Gill Miller Architects, Inc. Builder: Enebak Construction
72 Yardage: 6809 yds. (Tournament tees)
74.4 (Tournament) Slope: 150 (Tournament tees)
Key Design Features:
- No residential exposure
- Dynamic enhancement of natural surroundings with abundant wildlife.
- Front nine has traditional core golf course characteristics with good utilization of natural open water and marshlands.
- Back nine has significant topography and is in a 40-acre forest.
- Substantial water features – 60 acres of natural open water and marshlands.
- Special strategic emphasis by architect on par 3’s
- 10,000 sq. ft. practice putting green
- Separate chipping green w/practice bunker
- 50,000 sq. ft. practice tee
- Full length depth for use of all clubs.
- Greens – Penncross Bentgrass
- Fairways & Tees – Arcadia and Touchdown Bluegrass
- Rough – bluegrass/fescue……Multiple varieties
- Out of Play areas – indigenous native grasses
- Native aquatic vegetation
- 55 bunkers strategically placed to enhance the holes requiring a high degree of course management from the player.
- All bunkers have been renovated including all new bunker sand.
- All new bunker sand – Plaisted Companies, Inc.
- 6’ wide continuous asphalt cart path.
- 72 tee boxes – 4 per hole. Teeing areas averages 10,250 square feet.
- Greens average 7,750 sq. ft. – mature and quick
- Fairways account for 28 acres – Pristine landing areas, exacting approach shots.
- “Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary” certification – in process.
- Hosted many MGA and USGA events
- Top 10 of Golf Digest’s “Best Public Golf Courses” -2011.
- Rated “4 ½ Stars” by Golf Digest’s “Places to Play” – 16 consecutive years
Top 20 Golf Digest’s “Best In State” – 2011 – #1 Public Course in the Twin Cities!